Monday, July 12, 2010

Seashell Letter Tutorial


I've started redecorating our bathroom and I've chosen a beachy-nautical theme. I've literally just started decorating, the only thing I've done is changed out the shower curtain (what a difference a new shower curtain can make!) Today I wanted to share a tutorial on making your own seashell letter. It's a super easy, inexpensive and fun project with lots of possibilities!


Materials:
Seashells-a good mix of large, medium and small
Acrylic paint & a paint brush
Letter-I used a chip board letter that I got it on sale for .99 cents! A wood one would also do the trick
Glue gun
Optional: pearls, gemstones, rocks, etc. The possibilities are endless!

Choose seashells to match your decor. I just chose a multicolored bunch but we will see how they end of matching everything else.



Paint your letter with the acrylic paint, make sure to get the edges. As you can see, I wasn't too worried about making it smooth and even. Most of the letter will be covered up by shells anyway. Let the paint dry for overnight (or at least several hours if you are impatient like me.)


Before gluing, layout your shells. Start with the large ones. These were the only ones I laid out before I started to glue.


Fill in the empty spots with the little shells, pearls, or gemstones.

And it's done! These look great hanging on the wall or sitting on a shelf. I'm not sure where mine will end up but I'm excited to put it in the bathroom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Vinyl Decals