Monday, July 26, 2010

Seashell Letter II

A couple of weeks ago I showed you a tutorial to make a seashell letter. I really love the way it turned out but after looking at it for a couple of days, I realized that I didn't love all the different colors in it.

So crossing my fingers, I broke out a can of white spray paint and hoped for the best. Sorry, I didn't take new pictures throughout the process because I really expected a disaster and I had no idea what I was going to do. First I sprayed the enter thing white. 3 coats later, I took a metallic champagne acrylic paint and a metallic white pearl acrylic paint and picked out individual shells to paint. I left some of the shells a flat white for added dimension. And the results..


Much much better! If I had a beach nearby I could have picked out my own shells (saving me lots of trouble.) Overall this project cost me less then $10 dollars, including the letter, shells, spray paint and acrylic paint.

Here was the before picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Vinyl Decals