Saturday, September 4, 2010

Random Projects

I've been working on a couple of projects around the house & I'm pretty happy with the way they've turned out. I'm kind of disappointed that I didn't take pictures throughout the process. Darn it!

I bought this knife block from Sam's Club and wasn't impressed with the color of the wood block. So I spray painted it black, distressed the edges but it still needed something more. I'm redecorating my kitchen in a vintage-y farmhouse look so I came up with the cow cuts logo to stick on the front of it. I think it turned out cute!

The plate is from Wal-mart and I think I paid a couple of dollars for it. It used to be white with a black 6 decal but I spray painted it black too (I have lots of black accents in my kitchen) and removed the 6 so that the white would show through. The jar is from Ikea, the grater was just something I had and the apple was a yard sale find.


I fell in love with this butterfly collage from Ali Edwards. So I thought I'd make my own. I bought a frame from Ikea, a butterfly punch from Amazon.com (Martha Stewart Classic Butterfly Punch) and some scrapbook paper that I liked. I also punched some butterflies with text from an old catalog and bought some glittery scrapbook paper. I'm in love! It turned out just the way I was hoping it would. Luckily, considering I probably spent 5 hours working on this thing. No joke.

2 comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Vinyl Decals